Civil engineering is a technology that produces useful facilities for the human beings that are used in our daily life. The works include buildings, bridges, roads, dams, canals, water supply, waste disposal and numerous other facilities that affect the life of human beings. Civil engineering is intimately associated with the private and public sectors, including the individual homeowners and international enterprises.
Civil engineering is the oldest and broadest engineering discipline among all the engineering fields. The usage of civil engineering dates back to ancient times. Most of the seven wonders, including Egyptian pyramids and the Taj Mahal, are the creation of flawless civil engineering skills. Some of the world’s oldest civilizations such as Harappa and Mohenjo-daro; and road systems developed by the Romans are also the product of immaculate civil engineering. After all, how can one ignore the magnificent architecture of Rome’s Coliseum or the unique design of the great Eiffel tower?
Civil engineering is considered as the first discipline of the various branches of engineering after military engineering, and includes the designing, planning, construction, and maintenance of the infrastructure.
civil engineering has a significant role in the life of every human being, though one may not truly sense its importance in our daily routine. The function of civil engineering commences with the start of the day when we take a shower since the water is delivered through a water supply system including a well-designed network of pipes, a water treatment plant, and other numerous associated services. The network of roads on which we drive while proceeding to school or work, the huge structural bridges we come across, and the tall buildings where we work, all have been designed and constructed by civil engineers. Even the benefits of electricity we use are available to us through the contribution of civil engineers who constructed the towers for the transmission lines. In fact, no sphere of life may be identified that does not include the contribution of civil engineering. Thus, the importance of civil engineering may be determined according to its usefulness in our daily life.
Civil engineering is the most diverse field of all the engineering branches. Technically speaking, civil engineering is the creator of the whole world’s infrastructure and is said to be the mother of all engineering branches.
1. B. Tech. (Civil Engineering) with an intake of 60.
The Vision of the department is to become a leading center of excellence in Civil Engineering education which will be highly recognized at collaborating patterns of discipline through innovative programs of global standards making our students technologically superior, ethically strong and employable to serve the Nation.
- • To provide knowledge and tools that enable civil engineering to evolve away from empirical ad hoc approaches in the field of civil engineering.
- • To make competent professionals and creative civil engineers in this present era of the engineering world.
- • To provide ground-based strategies based on scientifically grounded analysis.
- • Fundamental mechanics, integrating uncertainty and navigating the conflicting objectives inherent in successful civil engineering design.
[table id=43 /]
Program Educational Objectives
- • To prepare graduate engineers with good knowledge of CIVIL Engineering along with the basic sciences
- • To train the graduates with theoretical & practical knowledge for solving real-life problems with creative skills.
- • Able to implement the engineering skills in the day to day life.
- • Able to integrate the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools for better engineering problems.
- • Able to designing, analyzing and interpreting the new plans.
- • Able to meet realistic needs such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and sustainability.